Thursday, September 26, 2013

My Religion Is

Yesterday I ran into a Russian song by an Ukraine singer Eva Bushmina  that I really like. It's a big deal because lately Russian songs became pieces of shit and many lyrics bring nothing, and melodies don't touch the soul. And this song somehow makes me listen to it again and again. The song's called "Religion", and I'd like to translate it for you:

Sky is white, stars are born again.
Believe not in the rules, but in my eyes.
Take on trust what I say, trust frantic,
There's no truth but you and me.
I'm in every moment, in every face,
Now I'm your religion.

Away, we'll go in the tenderness of my dreams.
And I'm not afraid at all, only let me
Fly into the sky, reach the limit.
Heaven is where you are,
And I don't care about others.

Crowds, squares, faces, sign-boards,
I cannot bear this world anymore.
The night threw rain over our shoulders,
Everything isn't simple, but it's planned so.
Keep me like a relic,
Now I'm your religion.

On becoming alive again, we'll start all over,
And I'm not afraid at all, only let me
Fly into the sky, reach the limit.
Heaven is where you are,
And I don't care about others.

Eva's written on her official Facebook page that the word 'love' turns unimportant, we tell it to everyone and everything, and she wants to remind people about the real feeling, when you're ready to sacrifice for your love, and this person becomes your religion.
The melody's beautiful, the vocal's strong, the lyrics has the style I like. Probably, the song may be very controversy in Russia, because recently religion is a very mordant theme in our society. There's even a new law about insulting the feelings of believers, and an insulter can be put into prison for 2 years! Of course, nowadays there're so many jokes about this, churches and insulting the feelings of atheists.
Unfortunately, today faith and religion are different things here. After all the taboos of the USSR about any kind of religion and cults, Russia's mixed up with that thing. On the one hand, we're Russia back, God led holy Russia for hundreds of years, and now he will do it again, our President - former atheist - obediently visits churches, and the Church gets lots of money. On the other hand, true believers lived even in the USSR and had faith even if it was forbidden - no one can steal our thoughts, even in Orwell's "1994"; people born already in the USSR are atheists and hardly will understand religion. In my opinion, though the USSR didn't have religion, it had Lenin, and then Stalin. People didn't believe in God, but they believe in their leaders. Lenin is immortal, Stalin is unbreakable - isn't it idolatry?
Talking about myself, I was christened in the Orthodox Church when I was about 4. My mom's also christened, only dad stays communist. Mom like going to the churches, we visit cathedrals in the cities we travel to; we're not fanatics. I think, maybe there's something above that rules all these stuff the science will never explain, and it's probably not an old man with the beard. Have you watched "Dogma"? There God is a woman at all!
Turning back to the music, there's also one more song coming to my mind when I talk about religion. It's Lady Gaga's "Teeth". There's a line "My religion is you". And moreover I can recall lovely "Judas" -about love religion too.

 


Unfortunately, I can't put Eva Bushmina's "Religion", so you better "take on trust what I said" :)
Believe in what you believe, God loves you, Flying Spaghetti Monster gives you power, Allah lets you sleep today. Be brave!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts