Thursday, June 6, 2013

An Unexpected Journey

Welcome me back!
First of all, I wanna thank every person helped me: uncle Alik, 'my private driver' Dima, Alik's daughter Agniya and her friend Mariyana.
The day I arrived in Vladivostok was grey, cold, cloudy and windy, but it didn't prevent us (me and Agniya) from walking around the city and going on one of actual 3 bridges.




Agniya showed me some squares. Even though I'd already been in Vladivostok many times, I hadn't seen those squares. Generally, in 2 days I've just spent I've known about Vladivostok more than in 4 times I was there before. 

I'm so short on this pic!





Tired but happy, I was brought to the place I was supposed to live, and there was no Wi-Fi. Actually it was an old building, but in the end I lived there for free, and I had TV and fridge, and a big bed, and hot water...
BTW I watched "Charmed" and "Smallville" on TV there. It reminded the childhood :3
The next day, yesterday, was more interesting, because it was the day of U.S. Consulate! I'd had to call an organizer from another city and then call my uncle to make a plan for a day. Well, I ("I'm waking up to ash and dust") woke up early, got ready, call that ma'am, then call uncle Alik. And he said my driver Dima would take me only before the meeting in the consulate! It meant I'd prepared in vain!! So I went back to sleep.
I met with the other guys from my group and the organizer from the other city (so this "other" city is Khabarovsk, exactly a company from Khabarovsk organises the American trip) an hour before the interview. Due to having some free time we went to a cafe where I got acquainted with the guys. They're really funny and nice, although only one girl and I were 16, and other guys were younger for a year or two. But it didn't make the matter worse, and I hope it would not do. 

What about the interview, so there was no interview. I WASN'T ASKED A THING. The question is "So what did you do there?" Oh, they finger-printed me, revised my documents and that was all! And all the Khabarovsk boys and girls were asked nothing. On the one hands it's great they didn't asked us difficult and provocative questions, but on the other hand it's a little bit pity to fly to another city just to be finger-printed.



After the might-have-been interview I was joined by Agniya again, then we met her friend Mariyana and had a walk all together. We went to other squares and cafes, had fun more than a day before because now we'd already known each other. And the day was sunny and hot. But fortunately not HOT HOT HOT.

This cute Neptune gave me a bruise on the right leg.
POWER OF SEAS
With this photo my camera ran out of the battery.
I need my wire

Time for awesome stories
Agniya and I came to the coffee shop. The cafe was tiny with small circle tables, massive chairs and big paintings on vinous walls. We offered tea and cakes, everything was Ok and etc. In 5 minutes after that a group of strangers started to gather in that small coffee shop. I called them "anonymous club of businessmen". They picked all tables together (except ours, of course). When everyone had come, strange people decided to start their meeting. According to them, they met for the first time, but I never understood who they were and what the theme of the meeting was. "Anonymous club of businessmen" talked about the Internet, customers, hotels and some other stuff. It was so weird and hilarious for me and Agniya. I guess when we left the coffe house strangers took our table and chairs too.
~
On spending time with those odd lads, we continued walking, I continued taking photos.




And today I've slept enough and waken up just before going to the International Airport "Vladivostok". I'm glad, there's been Wi-Fi, but I've spent all my phone battery there, so now my cellphone's being  charged. But my Instagram has increased with the photos from the airport and from the sky.




Aaaand here am I. Home sweet home. But it was a big pleasure for me to travel to Vladivostok. I adore travelling and this kind of "Unexpected Journeys". 
Can you guess the song of the day? No? And the band? Yeah, you know it! The band is certainly "Journey" for today! But you wound be wrong thinking the song of the day would be "Don't Stop Believing" because of me being a fan of "Glee". Nah, I love another song by "Journey", a song I would cry for - it's "Faithfully". And yes, "Glee" sang it too, so here's your 2 versions.




Be brave, be faithfully

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts